Israeli forces kill 2 Palestinians after apparent surrender
November 27, 2025
Israeli security forces killed two Palestinian men in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on Thursday, after they had seemingly surrendered.
The Palestinian Authority said the two men, aged 26 and 37, were killed in "the brutal field execution carried out by the Israeli occupation army" and condemned the incident as a "war crime."
Israel's far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir said he "fully supports" the Israeli troops who shot two "wanted terrorists."
Video shows Palestinian men being shot
Footage on social media and broadcast by television channels, including Israeli ones, showed the incident.
In the video, unarmed men exit a building in Jenin while lifting their shirts and lying down in apparent surrender. Israeli forces then opened fire at close range after having reportedly directed them back inside.
The Israeli military and police said the incident is under investigation.
Ben Gvir wrote on social media, "The forces acted exactly as expected of them — terrorists must die!"
The Israeli military and police said in a joint statement that forces had been carrying out an operation in the Jenin area to apprehend individuals wanted for "terror activities, including hurling explosives and firing at security forces."
Edited by: Dmytro Hubenko